My very own garden beagle

My very own garden beagle
Some people have gnomes... I have beagles

Monday 24 September 2012

It takes two

I love it when a plan comes together! Here it is... our sculpture, finally in place in the middle of the future herb garden.
The armillery sphere was made by a metal sculptor who lives in the Perth hills. We bought it years ago, and it's moved house with us multiple times now... so we know just how hard it is to move the thing! One neighbour is constantly worried everything is going to get 'nicked'. She came over on the weekend to tell us it would get nicked from our front yard. I tried to tell her it weighs a tonne... It takes two of us, a lot of groaning, perhaps some swearing and sometimes even tears to struggle it into position. So if it IS going to be 'nicked' it's going to take someone a lot of trouble. If you don't hold it in the exact right place, it swings around and that pointy arrow at the top there... that hits you in the head! The same neighbour is also worried about our flamingo and a giant terracotta pig that must weigh 120kgs! The pig is also needs a team of two to move. (The pig is having a makeover this summer... he's going to be painted a bright, glossy colour, I'm just not sure what colour to go with... red, fuchsia pink, yellow, orange??? If you have any ideas, let me know!!)

2 comments:

  1. I think fuchsia pink would be magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like it to be green and blue to remind me of T-Rex and the Flamingo's tour of Las Vegas. The pig isn't a T-Rex but I'm sure it would be happy to stand in.

    ReplyDelete