My very own garden beagle

My very own garden beagle
Some people have gnomes... I have beagles

Thursday 6 September 2012

Another Brick in the Wall

The rain has abated for the day and Dave and Russ were back fulfilling my fantasies... of having a landscaped front yard, of course!

I asked them today how much each one of those blocks weighs. 84kgs. Then, just to prove his worth, Dave lifted one up for me. Very briefly. It actually takes the two of them to lift each block into place. Luckily for them, the retaining wall isn't going to be six-foot high.


Here's the progress from today. That's the finished height of the wall at the back there, but it will be filled in with the piles of sand you can see on the verge.

I'm hoping there will be even more to show tomorrow. I've checked the weather bureau site and it's looking fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment