My very own garden beagle

My very own garden beagle
Some people have gnomes... I have beagles

Wednesday 12 September 2012

Following the red brick road...

Today I've made a pain of myself. But I'm glad I was at home to do so. The paving went in so fast, these guys are machines!
 
 
 
Then the edges started going in and I was getting a bit edgy myself. I know my plan was thrown out by a metre due to forces beyond my control... but when the edging went in I realised my garden beds were going to be a lot narrower than I had planned!

 
That's when I started making a pain of myself... asking if the paving could be made narrower so the beds were wider. The men were very helpful and before I knew it, it was all changed and I got my extra centimetres here and there. I was afraid the armillery sphere, which is going in the centre bed as a feature, would be wider than the bed.
 
 
So they've made the bed above wider too. It is odd when you think you know what something is going to look like, then it turns out different. I was a bit nervous about asking for changes on the fly... but I figured it was better to ask now before any mortar went in! And they were very nice about it!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment