My very own garden beagle

My very own garden beagle
Some people have gnomes... I have beagles

Tuesday 2 April 2013

A planting frenzy!


Just putting a quick shout out to all the people who've planted garlic in the past week!

I was overwhelmed by the response to my post 'Get some garlic in'. Lots of people have sent messages or stopped me to tell me they'd bought their garlic or had planted it already. You will be so happy you did later in the year when you taste your own home-grown garlic. And you'll be surprised by how flavoursome it is!

Watch out now for the shoots to start appearing, they'll be up in no time! Here's my garlic patch starting to sprout:



Don't worry if you haven't planted any yet, there's still some time left to get them in the ground. I will keep you up to date with how mine are growing and remind you later in the year when to stop watering and let the plants die back and also when to dig up the bulbs and hang them up to dry. For now though, sit back and relax and watch them grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment