My very own garden beagle

My very own garden beagle
Some people have gnomes... I have beagles

Friday 18 January 2013

Christmas in January!

I got home from work the other day and my husband said he had a surprise for me. He wouldn't tell me what it was, which is unusual, because most of the time he can't help but tell me what he's got me for my birthday, weeks before the actual event. An hour or so later I spotted a man walking down our driveway. My surprise had arrived. On this man's trailer was a beautiful, handmade jarrah garden bench! It is true that I may have squealed with excitement. My Christmas present had arrived, a little late, but absolutely perfect:
 
 
I had designed the food garden specifically to put a bench here, so I could sit and watch the plants grow. It's important to have places to sit in a garden, so that you do stop and take time to admire it, not just journey through the garden to get to a destination.
 
And just like the benches you see in botanic gardens the world over, my garden bench has a plaque of its very own:
 
 
I love that my husband thinks of my garden as art, not just some strange hobby that keeps me busy, and well fed!

No comments:

Post a Comment