My very own garden beagle

My very own garden beagle
Some people have gnomes... I have beagles

Friday 18 January 2013

Chilli mussels

We made chilli tomato mussels for dinner the other night, with lots of ingredients from the garden. They were delicious:
 
 
...and quite easy to make too!
 
I made a sauce by gently frying some finely chopped onion in a little olive oil, adding crushed garlic (from last year's harvest) and some chopped red chillies (from the garden). Then I added diced tomatoes (from the garden) and a glug or two of white wine.
Then we quickly steamed the clean mussels with about a cup of boiling water for 3 minutes before emptying the water out and pouring the sauce over the top to bring to the boil for a few more minutes. We stirred in some fresh chopped continental parsley (from the garden) and served it with fresh sour dough bread and real butter. Yum!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment