My very own garden beagle

My very own garden beagle
Some people have gnomes... I have beagles

Sunday 4 May 2014

'Tis the season

Autumn this year in Perth has arrived really late. I like to get my garlic in the ground in March, but I still think there's a bit of time left if you've been meaning to plant some and just haven't got around to it.

Here's the garlic I planted starting to come up.


The best garlic to plant is locally-grown so go to your fruit and veggie shop or veggie markets and pick up a few bulbs, break them up into cloves and choose a sunny spot to plant them.

Just remember to dig in a generous amount of manure into the soil and plant them, pointy side up, about a finger deep.

The green shoots should come through after a couple of weeks. Just leave them until around October/November and you'll be ready to harvest... lazy gardening at its best!

No comments:

Post a Comment