My very own garden beagle

My very own garden beagle
Some people have gnomes... I have beagles

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Garlic maths


At the end of March I planted some garlic. 'Some' turned out to be about 150 cloves of garlic. So now I have about 150 strapping garlic plants that are just months away from harvest:


It's looking really good. Some of course are bigger than others and seeing as I bought bulbs from two different people and then received a bowl of homemade-grown garlic from my Italian neighbour, I have no idea which is which. I might just have to wait and see and then save the biggest to replant next year. I will take my harvest queue from my neighbour, who told me when to plant. her garlic looks amazing, the plants are the size of leeks! But I'm happy with the way mine are going compared to last years sad lot that were planted too late into sand and only grew one small clove each!

I now need to calculate how many I need to keep for a year of garlic in the kitchen and how many to save to replant!

No comments:

Post a Comment